Monday, September 24, 2012

Lena Headey 2012 Emmys Breakdown-Leonor Greyl

Lena Headey 2012 Emmys Breakdown-Leonor Greyl

Celebrity Hairstylist Nathaniel Hawkins created the look of Lena Headey for the 2012 Emmys. Headey appeared in the first two seasons of the HBO series Game of Thrones, recently in 2012 movie Dredd science fiction action film directed by Pete Travis and written by Alex Garland.“Lena is wearing this incredible beaded black dress with a lace overlay, so we wanted to keep her hair deceptively simple and really modern to frame her face beautifully. I started off by spritzing  Leonor Greyl’s Tonique Hydratant evenly throughout her hair and combing the product through for even distribution. Then, I used just a couple drops of the Leonor Greyl Huile de Palme, emulsified it between my hands, and worked it through from her midshaft to her ends because we wanted the end result to be very sleek and shiny. Then, I applied a liberal amount of Leonor Greyl’s Mousse Au Lotus Volumatrice from root to tip. I like to apply mousse with a vent brush so that I can ensure that every inch of her hair is getting covered. 
(Styling Tip #1: When you’re putting the hair up in any manner, mousse will actually hold all the hair together so that you can create a beautiful form and style the hair anyway you want it to be.) I applied three generous applications of the Mousse Au Lotus Volumatrice via the vent brush; once on the left, once on the right, and once in the back. (Styling Tip #2: Products only work where they are applied. Most people just don’t apply enough product and so they can’t achieve the look they want.)
Then, I blew her hair out using a Mason Pearson type of brush to get a nice stretch and bend to the hair so that I could smooth it out, but not make it too flat. After it was about eighty percent dry, I went through and blew out the roots, section by section, and started creating some motion in her hair. I styled it so that the front part and bangs swept forward and around her forehead using a round brush to get that motion. The Leonor Greyl Mousse Au Lotus Volumatrice was the perfect tool to ensure her hair stayed like that all night because it creates great style memory for the hair.

Then, after letting her hair set for twenty minutes, I took all of the hair except the bangs and lightly backcombed the roots so that the hair would lock together and create a little bit of lift away from the head to ensure a beautiful shape. Afterwards, I pulled everything back to a low, ponytail at the nape of the neck so that it would lay flat against her neck and not stick out, which was very important for the look of her dress. I misted Leonor Greyl’s Lacque Souple to finish off her look. I used a tiny little brush, a toothbrush would work perfectly, and smoothed all the little flyaways into place. I love the Lacque Souple because it gives incredible, invisible hold and makes the hair incredibly shiny.” Leonor Greyl is available at Leonorgreyl-usa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment